War Veterans - Road Names - Dry Street Development
The first phase of the housing development at Dry Street is very imminent and the Developers and Council have decided to name the streets after Veterans from the various conflicts since World War 1. Emphasis to date has been placed on those Veterans that had a close connection or lived near the Dry Street area.
The developers and Council via Laindon and District Communuity Archive would like to contact any descendant of the following Veterans to obtain their acceptance. If you are aware of any possible descendants please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org or 07968 313614.
- Frank Flack – Kings Royal Rifle Corps – Rifleman – Killed 06/08/1016 – Langdon Hills.
- Reginald Hammond – Royal Fusiliers – Private – Killed 10/08/1917 – Langdon Hills.
- Walter A Jay - Grenadier Guards – Guardsman – Killed 13/04/1918
- George R Jay – Machine Gun Corps – Killed 22/04/1917 – Langdon Hills – Brothers
- Ernest E Bebington – Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve – Air Gunner- Killed 16/03/1944
- John Harry Bebington – Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve – Pilot Officer – Killed 12/11/1944 – Langdon Hills – Brothers
- Albert William Palmer – Royal Navy – Killed 09/05/1940
- Charles J Palmer – Royal Navy – Killed 14/10/1940
- Edward S Palmer – Royal Navy – Killed 14/10/1941 – Laindon and Brothers.
- Arthur Judge – Middlesex Regiment/Gloucester – Korean War