Collection of reminiscences about time spent with friends at Markham’s Chase Infant & Junior School.
The school was one of latter schools built in the area by the Local Education Committee to meet the increasing number of children in the area. The school being opened in 1933.
The main school building remains virtually unchanged, although there have been a number of alterations to the main building. A separate infant school was built adjacent to original school to accommodate the increasing need for school places for the families of the ever growing development of the Basildon New Town.