The successful winner or winners will be announced at the Manor Mission Event on the 21st April 2012
Email your answers by the 14th April using the following link Competition. (if using web mail copy and paste the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org)
The last 9 are picture questions with a few cryptic clues.
- Whose motto was this? Forti et fideli nihil difficile (To the brave and faithful, nothing is difficult).
- Who trotted into the Laindon Hotel for a pint after playing football and in what year?
- Whose first home was “ York Villa” in Laindon High Road before moving to “Daisy Bank”?
- An open tributary of what river once flowed along the side of Laindon High Road?
- Many years ago there was a Pub in Dry Street – what was its name?
- What new building opened in Nethermayne in 1973?
- Where could you buy a drink for one penny?
- What year did Laindon Hall burn down?
- What had previously been sited in the beacon field in Dry Street?
- What family had lived in ‘The Haven’ at Dunton (now a museum)?
- What is the name of Langdon Hills running club?
- Who might have invited fellow Laindoners to: “Carry on Archiving”